A Message from your PSUO-SSUO Bargaining Team:
On Thursday, October 15, at 5:30 PM the University presented the PSUO-SSUO Bargaining Team a “final offer” which was unacceptable. It was not significantly different to their “last offer” which you soundly rejected by 80% in June.
Unless a settlement is achieved before Monday, October 19th the 1,300 staff members of PSUO-SSUO Bargaining Unit will be on strike at 12:01 AM Monday, October 19th.
At this time, no negotiation dates have been scheduled.
Membership will be fully informed via a Town Hall meeting, which will include information on:
- why a strike is necessary;
- what the physical and virtual picketing responsibilities of each member will be;
- how your union will financially support members (i.e. strike pay, continuation of benefits, and pension protections);
- what safety protocols will be in place to protect members due to COVID-19;
- other questions you may have.
Details about the Town Hall will be shared as soon as they are confirmed. We are aiming hold the meeting no later than Monday morning.
More information will follow tomorrow, Friday October 16th.
If you have not yet shared your personal email address with us, please do so as soon as possible.